Thursday, March 25, 2010

What Is Emotional Dependency

Are you emotionally dependent? You might go through this checklist.

I Can not feel lovable and worthy of no other approval.

I Need a lot of attention from certain people to feel that I'm okay.

I Do not trust my own feelings. I need others to validate my feelings.

I Am afraid of rejection. I insulate or try to be perfect, or agree with others, or give me up, or shut down and / or do many other things to avoid rejection.

I Am afraid to be alone.

I Often feel empty inside.

I Is often worried about others.

I Is often jealous of my relationships.

I Take other insensitive behavior toward me personally.

I Get angry when others do what they will do instead of what I want them to do.

People Told me that I'm too needy.

I Do not know what to do with myself when I'm not around others.

I'm Fine when I'm alone, but I get tense and nervous around others.

I Often find myself blaming others for my feelings - my anger, emptiness, uncertainty, anxiety, and so on.

I Think my good feelings should come from a second loving me.

I Believe that my safety and security must come from another person.

I Can not have fun when I'm with someone else who knows how to have fun.

I Are often anxious and depressed, guilty or ashamed, hurt or angry.

It is certainly not a comprehensive list, but you get the idea. You are emotionally dependent on when you are not in full, 100% responsibility for your own feelings - the compassionate care your life feelings of loneliness, helplessness in relation to others, despair, heartbreak, sorrow and pain, and not to learn how you treat yourself and what you tell yourself that is causing your hurt feelings of anxiety, depression, painful sacrifice, guilt, shame, anger, jealousy, and so on. You are emotionally dependent on when you can not define your own intrinsic value, rather than making other people's attention and approval responsible for your sense of worth.

When you do not take responsibility for your own feelings and to define your own worth, you are dependent on others to do this for you. This is becoming a victim of others' choices. This is emotional dependency.

The opposite of emotional dependency is emotional freedom. You gain emotional freedom, when you decide to learn to take 100% responsibility for all of your own feelings.

Take responsibility for your own feelings means:

1. You pitying all life painful emotions - loneliness, helplessness in relation to others, despair, heartbreak, sorrow and pain - and learn to handle these difficult feelings, so you do not have to avoid them with various forms of addiction. As long as you use addictions to avoid these feelings instead of learning how to compassionately handle them, you will continue to be emotionally dependent. These feelings are being caused by others and circumstances, but it is up to you to learn to gracefully handle them without shutting down and turning to addiction.

2. You learn to explore the emotions that you create with your own thoughts and actions - your anxiety, depression, victim hurt, guilt, shame, anger, jealousy, anger, envy, and so on. As long as you think it is the others' choices rather than what you tell yourself and how you treat yourself that causes these feelings, you will be emotionally dependent. You will see yourself as a victim before you take full responsibility for how you make these painful feelings with your own devotion.

Being emotionally dependent is a tough way to live. Discover your personal power by learning to take responsibility for your own feelings and become emotionally free.

No comments:

Post a Comment