Sunday, July 18, 2010

Time Management Tips That Steal Time Of The Day

Does this sound familiar?

You are stuck in your cubicle during the day and desperately want to work on your own mini-projects. The problem is, it's not easy to find time after hours. If you have children it is almost impossible.

This is exactly how I felt I almost got sick because I tried to burn the candle at both ends.

So what's the answer?

Well, I found a killer time management tips, why not steal time.

I know I is not productive without a clear list of what I should do. So when I actually get time to sit down I spend all my time "planning" is not "doing". It is bad.

No work is done, I go to bed, get up, go to work and the whole process starts again.

To break this cycle, I discovered that there are pockets of time during the day that I can steal time.

Let's go over some time management tips to help us steal time:

If you smoke you have a smoke break right? I would figure corresponds to about 15 mins of small breaks during the day.

Do you have a cup of coffee? I easily spend five minutes stuffing around coffee or waiting for coffee to be brewed and talk to people. Do this three times a day and you have exhausted 15 mins!

Are you taking a lunch break? If you do, there probably are 30 mins time, you can use.

Do you travel to work? If you train it, there are 30 mins right there.

Just look at these activities only took me about one and half hours too late to steal.

I suggest that you do not drink coffee, do not smoke and I can not eat? No of course not.

What I propose is that it steals time and multitask in it.

I refer to the activities you can do ", while" your smoking, having coffee and eating lunch, activities such as:

- Starting a business

- Write notes on your mini project

- Type dot point activities you will do next time you get a dedicated chuck time

- Brainstorm and write down all the things you are interested in

- Plan a second income

- How do I do this?

Take a small notepad everywhere you go. Just whip it out and take notes in your smoke break in your coffee break and at lunchtime. Here's another time management tip, forget your smart phone, just use a simple and straightforward writing pad and pen, it is faster.

When you sit down to actually achieve something at home, you can whip out your notepad with a readymade plan to refer to.

If you're desperate to escape the cubicle, you must take every opportunity you can to work on your own projects.

How will you spend the extra time?

No comments:

Post a Comment