Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Different Kind of New Year's Resolution

There are two kinds of New Year's Resolutions:

1. What you must do to achieve your goals

2. Who you want to be

Many Hall of Fame is the first kind:

* I'm going to lose 25 pounds this year

* I'm going to exercise every day

* I'm going to learn self-discipline

* I will double my income

* I'm going to learn to fly

* I'm going to take piano lessons

And so on ....

I do not minimize the kinds of decisions. It is often very useful to the kind of goals for ourselves.

But maybe this year, you can add another kind of New Year's Resolutions - for whom-you-want-to-be friendly.

WHO you want to be DECISIONS

What if your primary resolutions had to do with your thoughts and actions towards yourself and others? What if these resolutions focused on being loving, rather than to achieve something? What do these resolutions?

* I'm going to be aware of my convictions to myself and others, and how I feel inside when I'm judgmental.

* When I am angry, I will go out by myself and take care of my own feelings instead of dump my anger on others.

* I'm going to stop taking other people's behavior personally, and instead embrace the loneliness and heartache I feel when others are insensitive.

* I must remember to be grateful for every little blessing instead of complaining about what I have.

* I do love is more important than avoiding the pain of rejection.

* I will take care of the painful life, a sense of loneliness, despair, heartbreak, sorrow, grief and helplessness in relation to others with deep compassion for myself instead of turning to addictions to numb them.

* I will keep my heart open to learning about what is loving to me and others instead of closing my heart to protect against the pain of life.

* I want to be warm, friendly and respectful towards everyone I meet, although I do not personally connect with them.

* I will take loving care of my body, the house of my soul.

* I will give my higher self to guide me in what is in my highest good, and the highest good of others, rather than my ego wounded self to stand in my thoughts and actions.

* I will take the time to be with those I love and express my love for them.

* I will remember to keep in touch with my inner guidance, my feelings, so I can take full responsibility for them.

* I will choose to love even when I'm scared. I love more important than control, than to be right than to win.

* I will participate in what brings me joy.

* I will be true to myself, either give myself up to others, nor expect others to give themselves up to me.

* I will support my highest good, and the highest good for others, never deliberately act in ways that harm me or hurt others.

* I will be honest and credible with myself and others, never compromising my integrity as a soul.

* I will always remember what I want to help others, rather than what I want to get from others.

I'm sure you can think of many more as-you-want-to-be-resolutions. Why not take some time right now to write them off?

Imagine the world we would have if each of us to love ourselves and others, our highest priority - higher than fame, more than luck, more than to be the best, better than winning or being right, higher than to avoid the painful feelings of life.

Imagine the world we would have if we learned to love as God loves, to be the unconditional love that is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment